There is a firmware update for the HP Color Laserjet M451 Series Printer, (M451d, M451dn, M451dw) that corrects the Phantom Paper Jam, whereby the display shows “Error 13”, yet there is no actual paper jam in the printer itself. The Printer Web Page Event Log will show “Error 13.0000 Paper Jam”.
Download the Firmware directly from HP here or from HP.com – Support and Drivers – Enter “M451” as the Search Term – for Firmware and Drivers along with other support files.
The currently installed Firmware version can be found on the “System Configuration” page of the Web Management Console or by printing a “System Configuration Page” via the REPORTS menu from the Printer Control Panel. To view the Printer Web Configuration Pages (Console) via a Web Browser, locate the IP address of the printer and enter in to a Web Browser. The IP Address of the printer is usually shown on the LED Display of the Printer itself alternating with other activity and status information.
Below is a full list of issues addressed in this firmware update, release on February 1st, 2012. Datecode: 20120123
HP LaserJet Pro 300/400 color M351/M451 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List
- New Features and Enhancements
a. Active Device Serviceability-Diagnostics
b. Wireless Setup of Wireless
c. Active Firmware Updates
- Improved Auto On Auto Off (AOAO) functionality
- Fixes issues changing settings on Economode
- Fixes copy issues and jam recovery issues
- Fixes issues when cancelling copies and printing pages.
- Fixes issues when printing PDF files
- Corrected the Mobile Supplies Status URL
- Improves handling settings on EcoSmart console
- Corrected a USB thumb drive recognition issue
- Improves handheld wireless device connections to the printer
- Corrects misalignment issues when adjusting the printer
- Fixed EWS language settings
- Fixed some service errors when enabling Wireless Direct
- Improved network/EWS settings
- Improves functionality for AirPrint devices.
- Improved the ePrint experience
- Fix a printer hang when doing a cleaning page in duplex
- Fixed a discovery issue in Windows Vista when only IPV4 is enabled
- Corrected media option types-added Opaque Film
Leave a Reply